Super Stitch Kit
Here it is - all my favorite embroidery supplies. It's everything you need to start stitching! You'll get. . .
* a felt circle with three needles - standard is one embroidery needle, one sewing needle, and one quilting needle, but I'm happy to give you three embroidery needles if you ask
* another felt circle with three pins
* a pair of high-quality small scissors with finger holes big enough for grown-ups
* a hinged tin box to hold your scissors, pins and needles. This is what I keep in my purse all the time. Mine also holds my current thread colors, a couple of bobbins of sewing thread, a thimble and a seam ripper. :-) It's the size of an Altoids tin.
* a bundle of 6 handpicked skeins of thread (choose lights, mediums, darks or neutrals)
* a 7" embroidery hoop
* a tea towel in the color of your choice
* one downloadable embroidery pattern - your choice
Start stitching yourself - or get a friend hooked on your favorite craft! A word about some of the supplies. . .
The embroidery needles are size 5. That's my go-to size that I use for just about everything.
The colors of the felt circles will vary - but they will always be cute.
The scissors are key. I spent FOREVER looking for just the right ones. They needed to be small enough to fit in the tin toolbox, nice and sharp so they'd cut thread with a clean (easy to thread) edge, and with large enough finger-holes for grown-ups to use. These are PERFECT. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've been looking for these scissors for years. I did a little Snoopy dance when I finally found them. :-)
The embroidery hoop is my favorite kind. Bright colored smooth plastic with a nice fat screw for easy tightening. A little lip at one edge to help lock everything into place. A slightly curved edge to the inner ring that makes the crimp mark from hooping less extreme and easier to press out. I LOVE these hoops! Colors will vary.
The tea towels are nice and big - and easy to stitch. I use mine for drying my hands in the kitchen, but also for covering bread dough put to rise, wrapping bread in a bread basket, drying dishes, etc. They are awesome!
Let me know when you check out which color tea towel and which embroidery pattern you'd like and I'll send you the link to download it. Find a complete selection here.
Soon you'll be stitching anything you can get into a hoop - I promise. It's the best craft ever. :-)